Friday, April 10, 2009

The Window

OK, I know this is a picture of a door, but door, window, same idea. The point is, as of tomorrow, we will have completed four months on the wait list and that puts us...finally, unofficially, dare I say it...that puts us in the window of time when we could get the call!

This family, who went on the wait list the day after us, got their referral for an 18 month old boy earlier this week. Further evidence that we have entered the window...

Now of course, one must remember, it is a very large window. We could get the call next week (unlikely) or we could get the call 4 months from now (more likely) or we could get the call even later than that (sigh). The realist in me, the part of me that wants to protect my heart and manage my own expectations says, “Don’t go there yet, Heidi.” Don’t get all excited and start hoping that the call will come soon. Don’t forget that you were the one who decided to wait it out for siblings. Don’t forget what Belay told you about how difficult it is to be matched with siblings…

OK, I know all that, but I don’t care! I can’t help it! We are in the window, and that, my friends, is EXCITING!

1 comment:

Tom said...

Be patient grasshopper. All good things take time. Have a great Easter