Yes, I'm still here and this blog is still alive! Finding time to write isn't quite what it used to be but I am determined to document our trip to Ethiopia and the amazing progress the boys have been making, for us if for no one else. These posts will probably be more pictures than words so if you get this blog via email you might want to click through to the blog itself.
We spent our second day in Ethiopia traveling six hours by car to Awassa in the Sidamo region. Awassa is approximately one hour north of where our boys are from, and they spent a brief seven days in an orphanage in Awassa, all of which we thought were important to see. I worried that the long drive would be grueling after such a long plane ride the day before, especially for someone like me who gets motion sick fairly easily, but to my surprise we had a wonderful day. The road was straight as an arrow which meant no motion sickness and the sights, people and beautiful countryside were well worth the time. I highly recommend making this trip if you can!
The montage below doesn't do justice to all this, but you'll get the idea. I know several of you are waiting for my pictures of Awassa and other towns in Sidamo. I promise they are coming!
And last but not least...if your children were with Gladney they might enjoy singing along to this one!
We spent our second day in Ethiopia traveling six hours by car to Awassa in the Sidamo region. Awassa is approximately one hour north of where our boys are from, and they spent a brief seven days in an orphanage in Awassa, all of which we thought were important to see. I worried that the long drive would be grueling after such a long plane ride the day before, especially for someone like me who gets motion sick fairly easily, but to my surprise we had a wonderful day. The road was straight as an arrow which meant no motion sickness and the sights, people and beautiful countryside were well worth the time. I highly recommend making this trip if you can!
The montage below doesn't do justice to all this, but you'll get the idea. I know several of you are waiting for my pictures of Awassa and other towns in Sidamo. I promise they are coming!
And last but not least...if your children were with Gladney they might enjoy singing along to this one!
7 comments:
Love that you posted this today! We're sitting in DC waiting to board our flight over, and planning to head to Awassa on Monday!
Love this!!! I know it's hard(er) to blog now that those ADORABLE boys are with you, but I'm so glad you are making the effort!!! Can't wait to see more pix as your boys' journey so mirrors Lilah Abeba's! (btw- we watched the montage together and she said, "MY FRIENDS!" when she pointed to your boys!)
I loved both videos!!! I have watched them twice. :) Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. As long as you continue to post videos or pics of the boys then we'll forgive you for long absences in between posts. :) Love you!!!
Love it! The boys look SO great!! It looks a stoller load :)
thank you. so special to see all of these photos. you are a much better blogger than i am. i have no excuse. well done!
I'll come babysit so you can blog...
:)
These pics mean a lot to me, as Amy and Michael should be touching down in Ethiopia in just a few hours.
Thanks for these amazing pics. I was so sad I could not go over to Ethiopia to help my sis bring the boys home (my 15 mo is keeping us too busy to make that make the most sense), so your pics make me feel a teeny bit better about missing out.
the pic's are awesome...and the song!! oh the sweetness:)
Post a Comment