Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 Holiday Highlights

I vowed that I would get a blog post done before the New Year and here it is the day after and all I have managed to do is download and sort through photos from the past two months! Where does the time go?

The holidays were amazing for us this year. First of all, we spent a much needed week away in Saint Martin with my Mom and Step Dad a couple weeks before Christmas. It was our first family vacation and we had a blast playing on the beach and eating some of the best food in the Carribean!

Taye excitedly inspecting the plane.
Looking for seashells with their Grandmother
Being burried in the sand by their Grandfather!
Loving every minute of it.
Catching the waves
No fear!
Water for sand castles
How much fun can you have with water?
The men
Enjoying an evening out
Christmas in the Carribean
So grown up
The french know how to make expresso
Synchronized sleeping

We arrived back home the week before Christmas and took a trip up to Essex, CT to ride the steam train to the North Pole. The boys loved it and we will most likely be making this an annual tradition.

Katrina Elfina, who kept us entertained on the ride to the NP
Rumor had it Santa was almost to our car!
Santa arrives!

Christmas Eve we spent the day with Mark's family. It was a bittersweet day as we were all missing Mark's mom, who loved Christmas and always made it a special day for us, but the boys and their cousins get along so well and kept us smiling in spite of our heavy hearts.


Then we came home and got ready for Santa!


I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and we wish you much health, love and happiness in 2012!

5 comments:

We Are Family said...

Love the pictures. Happy New Year!

susan said...

I want to do the train some year, too!
Sounds like a magical holiday!
Cheers!

Sara said...

Great pictures and what happened to your little chubby boys?! They are stretching out and getting so big!

Jennifer said...

We did the train to the north pole here, and the kids LOVED it too.

Now, I am curious about your vacation. I am thinking we might need a trip like that next Christmas... We did Sanibel Island for Thanksgiving (and they loved it), but I am always interested in new ideas...

Lisa said...

It all looks like so much fun! I love the synchronized sleeping. Hilarious!