Friday, October 17, 2008

Three Weeks and Counting

It has been three weeks since our final home study interview and still no sign of our home study report. Three weeks and one day to be exact, but who’s counting (me!). Three weeks feels like an eternity when you are waiting for something as important as this. Three weeks is enough time to watch the leaves turn from green to orange and fall to the ground…to make a few new friends…to learn how to say “I am your Mommy”, “Can I hold you?”, and “I love you” in Amharic…to wonder what your children will be like 8,479 times.

I am hoping that now that we are beyond the major Jewish holidays, where work is forbidden (what a good idea! I could use a couple of those days myself!), that our lovely, busy, Rabbi in training, social worker will focus on completing our home study!

“He that can have Patience can have what he will.” ~ Benjamin Franklin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I'm not a math major or anything, but teh nerd inside me had to look up if 8,497 meant, like, a certain # of times/day for every day over these 3 weeks or what ... nope, it = 61x139 of all things, absolutely meaningless! Damn, I was hoping it'd be a prime number or something.

Don't stress out, things wil move along just fine for you!

-- Joe, Math Geek

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, I know it must seem like an eternity but just think by this time next year you'll be getting ready to celebrate Halloween with your little one(s). It will be here before you know it.

Love,
Lori