It's done! Our home study is finally done! Wahoo wooooe!!! Yippieeeeeeee....e'hem.Apparently our adoption agency requested a lot of changes to the original draft, which our social worker made fairly quickly, probably because I turned into a giant stalker! Then our agency had to review those changes, which took another week. Anyway, it's DONE! Our social worker mailed it off to USCIS yesterday afternoon and now we are waiting for immigration approval, which will come by way of US mail anywhere from 2 weeks to 3+ months from now. Once that's done we will take the form they send us, have it notarized and then off it will go on it's authentication journey (see "happy anniversary" posting on October 10th if you want to know what that means). So, we are one giant step closer and on the final leg of the all this paperwork madness. Apart from waiting for the USCIS approval form the only other thing we are waiting for is official approval from our adoption agency, which should come any day now that they have our home study.
What have we been doing to pass the time, you ask? How is the nursery coming along, you wonder? Well, we sort of stalled out on the nursery project, mostly because we still haven't figured out what to do with the box spring and mattress that we no longer need and have no place to store. Maybe if it stops raining this weekend I will drag it out to the street and pin a "free" sign on it! In the meantime, I am teaching myself to knit. And if you know me with a project, once I start there is just no stopping me so the nursery will have to wait for a bit longer. Here is my first project, a scarf of course...
And then another hat! I think it needs a blue pom-pom...
I am into the hats and can get one done in 2 or 3 evenings, but I think I need to branch out and figure out how to do a sweater or something, otherwise these kids will have 100 hats waiting for them by the time they finally get here! LOL!
Maybe I'll make something for Mark, since he's such a great husband and has been asking for one and keeps trying to wear the baby hats!“Patience and fortitude conquer all things” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
2 comments:
Way to go, Heidi and Mark!! Congratulations.
Try knitting a bathrobe or something, should keep you busy for a while. A pink one...with purple dots...and a white trim or something...with pom poms. Should look lovely!
*smile*
Eric
I love the blue hat with green trim. Also, you're blog has been Tagged! Welcome to the world of adoption!!!!
Post a Comment