OK, I realize this is my fourth blog entry in a week and you might be getting tired of hearing from me! Some probably think that all this blogging is because I'm getting antsy...well...ok, maybe I’m a little antsy...but mostly it’s because I suddenly have time on my hands (my busy season at work is finally winding down) and our friends' departure to Ethiopia, Mother's Day and our 5 month mark all seemed like blog-worthy milestones. This is just my regular Friday update and I was going to skip it but, as you can see, I feel the need to squeeze in one more...I received a nice email from Ryan Brown at our agency yesterday. In spite of the fact that the subject line of his email read,“Just checking in…”, it made my heart jump when I discovered it in my inbox! My brain instantly went into hyper-drive to see if I could extract some hidden meaning, haha, but he really was just checking in to see if we had any questions about the process or our upcoming travel to Ethiopia. Alas, the only hidden meaning I could come up with was the fact that he wouldn’t be “just checking in” if someone was about to call us with our referral...so I guess I can let go of that fantasy for a little while longer!
The other thing I gleaned from his email is that Gladney rocks! I really agonized over which agency to go with and I didn’t land upon Gladney until the end of my search. Again and again they have proven to be the right choice. Thanks for just checking in, Ryan! You can read about Ryan and his beautiful family here (scroll to the bottom of their blog for the great story of how they came to adopt their first son).
It was a good week for referrals – two toddlers and one healthy, month and a half old baby girl! Congrats to this family and this family and this family! Also wishing good luck to the many families going to court next week!
It was a good week for referrals – two toddlers and one healthy, month and a half old baby girl! Congrats to this family and this family and this family! Also wishing good luck to the many families going to court next week!
I also want to mention this family, who were at the tippity top of the unofficial list all through the slow month of April. As a family gets to the top of the unofficial list many of us visit (stalk) their blogs on a regular basis, anticipating their happy news. On monday, instead of the news we expected, we learned that Hanna and Maarten have made the decision to put their adoption on hold. I do not know Hanna and Maarten, and I only recently started stalking their blog, but I cannot stop thinking about them. I just want to say that they are in our hearts and prayers.
With all the referrals this week, and with Hanna and Maarten's decision to bow out for a while, we bitter-sweetly move into position number 12 on the unofficial list. There are two families ahead of us who would accept a referral of an infant OR a sibling pair, but no one waiting ahead of us (that we know of) waiting exclusively for siblings. Hope blooms eternal!
"Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air." ~ Henry David Thoreau (1817 - 1862), Journal, July 25, 1839
3 comments:
I've been following your blog and thinking about you as you await the arrival of your children. I know you will be a great mom. Back when we were friends in high school, you had a nurturing big sister quality that I appreciated. I was very apprehensive about becoming a parent, but having our son has been the adventure of a lifetime and the love I feel for him is indescribable! I hope after you are settled in with your kids, we can come visit you.
Thanks for your comments on my blog. I have has such a great experience reading your blog. I had no idea that you can see who loggs on and how ofen..too funny. Well I have felt that you were getting your referral any moment over the past 2 weeks so hopfully its coming soon!!
Thanks for this Sweetie. Such beautiful children – such beautiful people – you and Mark will create just the right home for TWO beauties!
Hope you and Mark are staying busy and enjoying the spring.
Hang in there Little Tomato (song from Pink Martini CD)!
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment