Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Year of Knowing Their Faces

One year ago today, sitting in an airport two minutes from boarding a plane, I saw these faces for the very first time.




They were then, and still are, the most beautiful faces I have ever seen.

13 comments:

The H Family said...

Love this. Happy referral anniversary.

The Mrs. said...

I remember crying tears of joy for you that day! And today I'm crying them again just looking at this beautifully tough journey- so grateful that our boys are home with us!
Renae

Sara said...

Happy One Year!!!

Jennifer said...

Wow. I hadn't heard of "adoption blogs" back then and hadn't even applied to adopt, but I remember reading your post about your referral. You hit jackpot.

I especially love the top photo. :-) Actually I think they look more alike now than they did then.

The Busters said...

Wow, I can't believe it has already been a year. I remember that day well!! So many happy tears were shed. Congrats!! I love those faces too!

Brenda said...

Love it!!!

Gayla said...

Fantastic!!!! Congrats again to you ALL.

And... were those your referral pix??? I'm just amazed. They look so happy!!! Still so funny that all we saw were sad faces and tears. Never mind... ALL of them are full of happiness now!

Heidi said...

Thanks to all of you for your support these past two years!!

Gayla, yes, those were 3 of our referral photos. They were smiling in every single picture we got last year. I felt so badly for both of you but the important thing is how much she is smiling now!! Boy is she smiling now!!

Rebecca said...

oh my goodness. i will never forget waiting with you. seriously, one of the most wonderful days of my life. it was almost a year ago that i held them in my arms. so surreal and crazy!
your beautiful, beautiful boys.

Kathleen said...

Happy referral anniversary! They are some of the most beautiful faces I have ever seen too!

Sue said...

Happy Referralversary! Pure happiness all around.

Engendo said...

they are indeed gorgeous!

scooping it up said...

those have to be some of the best referral pictures of all time!

BTW, thank you for recommending Cetaphil. It has changed my life. I still use other stuff but this Boston winter has officially met it's magic bullet for my little Habesha.

You rock.