TRANSFORMATION #1
First we took the guest room...
...tore down the scary vinyl wallpaper and my awesome handyman put up beautiful bead board and molding...
Haha, just kidding, but the project was painful at times...
Finally we painted it blue and turned it into the office! It is so bright and cheerful and flooded with sunlight in the morning. I just love it and can even see our garden from that window when I am sitting at my desk. At some point this may become a second bedroom for the kids but for now they will sleep together in the larger bedroom.
TRANSFORMATION #2
Next we took the room that used to be the office...
And painted it, you guessed it, BLUE, and now it is the children's room! As you can see, we put the guest bed back in there for now until we find out how old the children are. Last call, out of town friends! Let us know if you want to come visit and explore your inner child! We are thrilled that our friend David in Seattle will be doing exactly that in a couple weeks :-)
The room is partially complete with a few little outfits, books and stuffed animals...
...and a few more books and toys...
And the cutest little rug!
I know I am a broken record with this statement but....all we need now are the children! Come home, Babies, we are ready for you!!!








5 comments:
They are both beautiful rooms!! It does look like it was quite the undertaking. I love the blue!! And, it's not a broken record because really all you need is your little ones now!!
We are getting closer!!!
You've inspired me to get crackin on our spare room to get it ready for the little one that will be joining us!
-Beka
I love the rooms, too. I'd love to see pics of the rest of your cottage. It sounds so lovely. I watched an 18 mo. old today and put him down for a nap in the baby's room. I hadn't been in there forever (it is at the far end of the house) and, like you, I'd like to get it put together and ready!
Hope your new room is full, SOON!!
I just wanted you to know that I am still praying for you! I think you know that I of all people believe that this wait was for something amazing and I just can't wait to hear the ending!! The wait is truly the worst part of the process so stay busy and know that your call will definatly come...and then it will all make sense!
Post a Comment