Last weekend I attended a cookout at our next door neighbors’ house. I got into a conversation with another neighborhood couple about our local school system (a topic I have recently become very interested in for obvious reasons - they had good things to report). I mentioned our adoption plans and it turns out that his cousin adopted from Ethiopia last year, through Gladney, and this cousin (who is a film maker) recently returned to Ethiopia and created a video of the Gladney Care Center! As soon as he told me that I knew exactly who he was. Gladney sent us links to his video a couple months ago and I meant to put them on the blog but never got around to it. Here they are below. If you watch closely you will see this little cutie, who is the son of some local friends.Those Left Behind - Video #1
Those Left Behind - Video #2
What an incredibly small world!
Oh, and Saturday marks seven months on the wait list! Average wait time is still reported to be 8 months...stay tuned!
4 comments:
You guys are so close now! Will be stalking intently :-)
Hi-no news this week-hope that month 7 is the lucky one for you!!
Thanks for sharing!! You are getting there, I know that doesn't help at all but you really are!! I can't wait to hear that your phone rang!!
Wow – this is killing me – you and Mark must be on pins and needles when you talk with folks involved or watch these videos.
! Can’t wait for these kids to arrive.
Gladney is obviously a wonderful agency. Onward.
Post a Comment