In one week we will unofficially hold the record for the longest referral wait time with our agency. Needless to say, this is not the record we were looking to break! I also had a conversation with our case worker last week that left me feeling like our referral isn’t right around the corner either.
Sigh.
All I can say are things I have said before:
1. This will be worth the wait.
2. All this waiting will be forgotten, or at least become a distant memory, some day.
3. Most importantly, I believe that when you become a parent, it ceases to be about you and it becomes about them. In my heart I have been mother to these children for months and whatever I am feeling pales in comparison to the profound loss that is occurring in their young lives.
I can also say that I have complete faith in Gladney. I know that they are working ethically and in our best interest – a tough balancing act that some agencies don’t manage very well. They always told us that being matched with a young sibling pair could take time, and they were right. We think it will be worth the wait. We think this will all make sense some day. We think that what we are feeling pales in comparison...ok, ok, you get the idea.
All this waiting has also allowed me to meet some of the most incredible people. I don't know what it is about this adoption community, but you folks are amazing. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for your support! And with that said, I am off to meet up with this person. I know, some of you are jealous. And, yes, she is as cool in person as she sounds on her blog!!
16 comments:
Have been thinking about you a lot--looking forward to the day that I log on and see that you've gotten that referral!
Right there with you about how hard the wait is, never thought it would be this hard, but knowing that both our stories have GREAT endings!
Girl!!! You are such an encouragement to all of us!!! Thank you!!! I jumped on your blog tonight to try and encourage you and I'm the one encouraged!!!! So, thank you!! You have an amazing perspective and I can hardly wait to rejoice with you when you hear of your precious little ones!!! It's coming! It is so coming!!! Hugs!!!
I heart Heidi.
-b
Oh, Heidi! I bet that is so hard to hear. No body wants to break THAT record! :) You are handling it with total grace and when some folks would be getting irritated with thier agency, you are still trusting. I love that about Gladney, they feel so safe and trustworthy!
You are SO right about becoming parents. Suddenly your whole life is no longer about the 2 of you, but wonderfully, your love expands and shifts to include your children and they are your new joyful focus. It's such an amazing thing...You will know it was so worth it for them. Bless you!
HUGS to you! Your perspective is such an encouragement to all of us waiters!! Thank you for all that you do for so many of us! - Emily B.
We always knew you and Mark were unique people, Heidi! It's going to happen and it's going to happen very very soon!!!! xoxoxoxo
surrender my friend, this is the ultimate test but will be worth it more than you will ever imagine....xo Lisa
Heidi, just think that its a short waiting time comparing to the life long you ALL will have together ;-) Love, Kisses Kat
Hang in there! I can feel good news coming to you both soon! Remember, keep up the weight lifting. Noah is in a size 3 now, but hasn't turned two yet.
Everyone needs a bit of your outlook and attitude. I'm going to crown you Queen of the Waitlist!
We all look up to you for remaining so positive and so strong during this long wait. Your posts inspire all of here in blogland.
(and you're a great friend too)
for what it's worth...When we got The Call this summer, WE held the record for longest wait at Gladney...and yesterday we celebrated 3 months of holding our twins. It will happen. I promise. And it really will all be worth it. I promise.
Praying that you will receive your referral soon!
Hang in there, it's coming! And how much sweeter it will be because of this wait. My thoughts are with you guys.
Sigh is right.
But, you remain our pillar. Cheesy but true.
And, so jealous that you and Tamara get to hang. I wanna too!!!!
As strange as it sounds you really forget all about the waiting really quickly. People ask me how long we had to wait for Abe and when I say 16 months I have to stop and think did it really take us 16 months? Kind of crazy but watch, as soon as they hand you your precious little ones all of a sudden none of the past matters, you're right it becomes all about them and soaking in every minute of them!
Post a Comment