Thursday, February 4, 2010

Updates

Around the middle of every month our agency sends an update to families who have received their referral. This mid-month update consists of a photo along with current height and weight measurements.

Also mid-month, families who are adopting children 2 years of age and older are allowed to send a photo and a letter to their future children. We had the opportunity to do this for the first time a couple weeks ago.

At the beginning of the month our agency sends another update (have we mentioned lately how much we love our agency) with more pictures and a personality write-up on the children. We got our first update of this nature a couple days ago. Here's what they wrote (the boys names have been changed as we cannot post that information until they are legally ours):

"Dg and Dr were full of life and spice today, as always, and, as always, greeted me with mischievous grins.  They were busy eating a snack of bread which they kindly offered to me.  Dg also demonstrated a little Ethiopian shoulder dancing from his crib.  When we read them their letter, they listened and smiled wide as they heard about their new family.  They looked at the picture of their new mommy and daddy and almost got in a fight over who was going to hold the picture!  The scuffle was quickly worked out when Dg yanked the picture away and kissed it.  What delightful boys!"

Here is a cropped version of one of the pictures they sent. The piece of paper they are holding is the letter/picture from us. They do indeed have big smiles on their faces.











I think my heart just might burst!

19 comments:

Eryn said...

That is so awesome!! I too LOVE our agency, and JUST last night recommended to a friend that they go with Gladney!


That is so awesome that you get to send them letters! Love it. I want an update, too. I'm having a little update jealousy with all the people who've gotten them this week!

Lisa said...

Awwww! So fun to get an update like that :)

Katie Morris said...

Oh Heidi, what an amazing update. I didn’t know you got to write them letters. That is so special and will help them learn even more about you, and you, in turn, learn more about them! I bet your heart really is about to burst. He kissed the picture? That is so precious!!!

Claudia said...

Wow, those updates are incredible!!! And how wonderful to hear about their smiling faces.

Anonymous said...

So SWEET! He kissed the picture! PRAYING to see "COURT DATE" here soon....

Gayla said...

Heidi!!!! I think my heart just might burst FOR you!!!! That is so beautiful... I just LOOOOOOOVE it!!! I'm here melting and these aren't even my boys... I bet YOU are a puddle on the floor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maribeth said...

I think my heart will burst with you. That will certainly bring tears to your eyes. Hope they survive all the hugs they will get from me when we go!

Tam said...

oh way to make me cry first thing in the morning :-)

Tam and Kai - NYC said...

Yes, Gladney is the best!
I can only imagine the day you all come together in person - there will be a LOT of bursting had by all. Your boys just seem amazing!
I also must note that at first glance the pix looks like Mark called it quits with furniture building and passed the instructions off to them to build their own stuff!
Hope to see you next week -
xo

The Busters said...

What a great way to start my day! This post made me immensely happy. LOVE seeing the photo of the boys with your letter. My heart is bursting with yours!

Autumn and Dan's family said...

That gave me chills. What a great update. I can't wait to see their beautiful faces.

Anonymous said...

Heidi and Mark,

That is SO cute. I cannot wait for them to come home! DC

Unknown said...

SOOOO adorable! LOVE those updates!

the Melodious Mama said...

I love the shoulder dancing image...the picture kissing image..what joy!!

kn said...

wow! beautiful! i'm so happy for the four of you and i hope you are together very very soon!!!

InventingLiz said...

Oh what a great update! Wonderful!

Mika K. Reynolds said...

I LOVE it! I can vouch for them being sweet boys and am cracking up at the thought of their shoulder dancing.

Tanya said...

so precious! i love that they know and understand they have a family waiting anxiously to love on them! my heart is bursting for you!

Rebecca said...

they are so amazing. i mean i am truly in love with your boys. i saw them immediately and was floored with how handsome they were. that was before i knew they were indeed my heidi's boys. then it was just bliss. such bliss.