Thursday, March 11, 2010

Changes to the Changes

Our agency sent out a notice this afternoon indicating that the new court date requirements will not effect families who receive court dates prior to April 9th.

We might just squeak through (now that I have gotten all excited about two trips to Ethiopia and seeing the boys sooner than later!).

Of course, we thought we would get our referral five months sooner than we did, so I am not even going to hazard a guess as to when we'll hear about our court date. Que sera, sera.

They also indicated that there are likely more changes coming as everyone digests this news and figures out what it all means.

Hang tight, fellow waiters. Stay tuned, wonderful supporters...your words of encouragement are so very appreciated.

(If you have no idea what the heck I'm talking about, read my earlier post below.)

12 comments:

Mark said...

Kisses for my beautiful wife

Amy said...

Either way, I hope you have your boys home soon. I need some good news.

Any idea what 'other changes' might be coming. Not sure how much more I can take. It's been a year and a half already and still no referral.

Anonymous said...

Praying so hard you can get an early court date and travel once! After all the waiting you did for a referral you deserve a break!!

Katie Morris said...

They really are sending everyone on an emotional roller coaster! I really hope there aren’t many more changes that will significantly impact families. I am so sorry you have to go through all of this. I am praying that you will get a court date any day and be able to travel really soon.

Rebecca said...

ok seriously ... get that court date now!!!

Unknown said...

Glad to hear this latest development. You will get a big dose of 4 year old love and interaction on Saturday and hopefully that will give you even more strength to roll with all these changes!

Tam and Kai - NYC said...

action has been happening on fridays. it's friday...

come on court dates & referrals!!!!!

The Busters said...

Your court date HAS to be coming soon!! HAS to. I NEED some good news.
I am not sure I would have made it through the past two days without you. So grateful for you!!! Love you!

Karen said...

Heidi,

I so admire your strength and optimism with changes and then changes to the changes. Ugh.

Some of my friends who have given birth say that they have forgotten most of the pain they went through doing so - and I feel like with adoption, the same is true. Someone mentioned that it feels like being a ball in a pinball machine. So true! All I can say is that once you bring the boys home, you will look at them every day and have surges of pure happiness and love and you will feel like every minute of agony was so worth it.

As for the extra visit, you have made so many positive points about the trip. For our older son, we visited Guatemala once before picking him up, and we did get to see much more of the countryside and learn more about the culture. And getting to meet him earlier was of course, so special.

We are thinking about you and Mark and keeping our fingers crossed that all moves forward quickly and smoothly.

Joe said...

I hope that is good news and fate steps in and gives you the court date in a week or two, then!

The Mathews Family said...

Hanging tight. :)

the Melodious Mama said...

hanging tight...staying tuned. doing my best to remember to breathe!

come on court date♪♫