Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Eight Weeks One Day

Pediatrician, check!

Preschool, check!

My latest project is painting all the white trim in the house, this song made me tear up at the gym this morning, and I have lost the ability to write anything intelligible on this blog.

Come on court date!!!

Taking You Home
by Don Henley

I had a good life
Before you came
I had my friends and my freedom
I had my name
Still there was sorrow and emptiness
'Til you made me glad
Oh, in this love I found strength I never knew I had

And this love
Is like nothing I have ever known
Take my hand, love
I'm taking you home
I'm taking you home

There were days, lonely days
When the world wouldn't throw me a crumb
But I kept on believing
That this day would come

And this love
Is like nothing I have ever known
Take my hand, love
I'm taking you home
I'm taking you—home
Where we can be with the ones who really care
Home, where we can grow together
Keep you in my heart forever

And this love
Is like nothing I have ever known
Take my hand, child
I'm taking you home
Taking you home

14 comments:

Mom said...

So funny - and real!

Sounds like you are taking care of your body, mind and soul. Very smart as usual.

I love you.
Mom

the Melodious Mama said...

just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming:)

(you have seen finding Nemo, yes?)

xo

Anonymous said...

Praying for a court date REALLY soon!

InventingLiz said...

That's so funny, one of the last things I did before I left for Ethiopia was paint some of the white trim in my house! I figured it was my last chance...

Hoping for a court date for you soon!

Katie Morris said...

I need to find a pediatrician too. I have a good idea of who I want to use, but need to call his office. I also really want to paint all of the trim in our house white, because right now it is this putrid tan color. The only problem is, what I really want, is for Michael to do it. He feels like it is too big a project to start right now. He won’t let me paint, because somewhere along the line, I convinced him I was a terrible painter. This may or may not have been on purpose. I really can’t remember.

I am REALLY hoping and praying that you and Eryn get your court dates this week…and that they are the same date as mine…and that we pass on the first time…and that we can travel together at the end of March. Is that too much to ask? I think not.

~Katie

P.S. My mind is COMPLETELY gone. I cannot focus on anything that isn’t related to our adoption and our trip to ET. I’m running into things, tripping and forgetting everything. I also have the tendency to ramble. Sorry this comment is so long!

ELYSSA said...

It's great that you set up pre-school--that's a major task out of the way. I am sure it is hard to trust the flow sometimes, but those little guys will be in your arms soon!

The Busters said...

RING PHONE RING!!!! Did you guys interview pediatricians or did you go based on recommendations? I need to start thinking about that stuff and the questions to ask, etc. Also, I have a story to tell you about Mary Oliver and I'll email you. LOVE YOU!!!

Lisa said...

Yes, where are the court dates? Maybe this week there will be tons of them!!! I can hope can't I?

Evelyn said...

Yes, come on court date! Looking forward to celebrating with you!

Eryn said...

I love Katie's comment!

I hope for the exact same thing. I too, feel like I've lost any skill for writing anything intelligible to say on my blog...so I copy and paste. LOL!

You know it's bad when the paintbrushes come out...I'm in the same boat over here!

Gayla said...

hoping for you sooooooo much!!!

Kat & Stacy said...

It's coming...I know it...it's coming. Just keep on breathing (and painting) (but dont' breath in the paint fumes... :-)

Rose said...

listened to the song. Heidi and Mark - you are so deserved of these angels. Your wait only makes the love grow stronger. God bless you both!

Rebecca said...

you better be lifting weights honey!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox