Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hang on Little Tomato

It has been an entire year since I started this blog! Amazing how fast and at the same time how slowly a year goes by when you are waiting for something important to happen.

A few weeks before starting my blog I had heard of blogs but had never read one, only had a vague notion why someone would write one, and I thought writing one myself would be an embarrassingly self-serving notion.

Then I connected with this person on a Yahoo Group and she sent me a link to her blog. I read the entire thing in one sitting and then started following links to other blogs. I was amazed. These women could write. I mean REALLY write. And they were writing about the things I was thinking and feeling.

When I started my blog I never intended to develop a wide audience like this amazing writer, or this one or this one. In fact I felt a bit shy about writing at all and intended to use the blog primarily to keep friends and family apprised of our journey.

But sitting at the top of the FBI list for a while has a way of increasing traffic to one's blog. If you scroll down you will see a "traffic watcher" which doesn't tell me who you are, but it does tell me where you come from so I know that most of you find me through the FBI list. And even though only a small percentage of you leave comments, just knowing that you are all out there makes this wait feel a little less lonely.

So this one is for you, my fellow adoptive parents in waiting...(wait for it...the lyrics kick in after about a minute and a half).



Hang On Little Tomato
~by Pink Martini

The sun has left and forgotten me

It's dark, I cannot see
Why does this rain pour down
I'm gonna drown
In a sea
Of deep confusion


Somebody told me, I don't know who
Whenever you are sad and blue
And you're feelin' all alone and left behind
Just take a look inside and you will find


You gotta hold on, hold on through the night
Hang on, things will be all right
Even when it's dark
And not a bit of sparkling
Sing-song sunshine from above
Spreading rays of sunny love


Just hang on, hang on to the vine
Stay on, soon you'll be divine
If you start to cry, look up to the sky
Something's coming up ahead
To turn your tears to dew instead


And so I hold on to his advice
When change is hard and not so nice
You listen to your heart the whole night through
Your sunny someday will come one day soon to you

5 comments:

The Busters said...

Congrats on your 1 year blog-a-versary! I also love the three blogs you mentioned. Looking forward to following YOUR journey!

Journey to Jaden said...

You are almost there!! Keep your faith because God will take care of you and your wishes...you just haven't found all he is and has done so far:)

Tracy said...

Yep! I found you through the FBI list! I hope you get your referral SOOOON!

Unknown said...

Heidi, thanks for your encouragement! So excited for Beka! We'll see, maybe this will be our week as well! Hoping its your week too! how are you holding up? Its gonna happen!!!! take care! Corrie

Lori said...

Thanks so much for the nice comments. I'm having fun going through your blog now. You lived in NYC, eh? That's a huge dream of mine, for at least a while, just like in the "Wear Sunscreen" song from '99. I plan to leave before it makes me too hard.

Btw, you know Pink Martini is a Portland band (we live there)? Love them, love them, love them.