Today marks eight months on the wait list. I can't believe it has been eight months! Referrals have been far and few between since mid July but lots and lots of families have been getting through court, which is great news for them and great news for the families who will receive referrals during the rainy season, since it will make for less of a backlog when the courts reopen at the end of September/beginning of October.
This morning I drove into work behind a car with Texas plates, a rare sighting in Connecticut. Yesterday a call came in on my cell phone with a Texas area code. I never get calls from Texas! Never! Perhaps foreshadowing of things to come...
This morning I drove into work behind a car with Texas plates, a rare sighting in Connecticut. Yesterday a call came in on my cell phone with a Texas area code. I never get calls from Texas! Never! Perhaps foreshadowing of things to come...
(If you are wondering why I am talking about Texas, it is because that is where "the call" will be coming from...)
We continue to pass the time with lots of helpful snuggles from the fur babes.
Duncan a.k.a Squishy cause he is soft and squishy a.k.a. Puddum-Cake cause, well, look at that puddum face! And someday I will be also be mother to babies who don't have fur!

4 comments:
Someday soon!!
Thanks for your comments-we are so happy-this day has really been a blur!
We're getting so close!!!!!!!
I'm seriously excited...like the night before Christmas!
-b
yes you will. and if its any indication from how happy the furr babies are, the non-furry babies will have amazing parents to come home to!
I have a new motto for the eight monthers- EIGHT IS GREAT!!! Hopefully, that will work it's magic. I am going to get to the tagged thing ... life has been crazy. Keep you chin up!!!
Rebecca
Post a Comment