A friend told me yesterday that they saw my Wordless Wednesday post and thought it was "so sad". Sad? Oh no! No sad!
First of all, there was a TON of happy news this week. Lots of people, whom we have grown to love and care about over the past several months, received court dates or passed court this week. We are overjoyed for these families! And we hope to get our referral in time for some of these wonderful people to give hugs and take pictures of our children when they travel. We also think that all the positive activity this week is a good sign. Things are moving and shaking again after a slow, quiet rainy season and we are lovin’ it!
That said…I will admit that after 10 months, 1 week, and 5 days…the second longest referral wait time in the history of the FBI list…it is not just rainbows and unicorns, daffodils and daisies, hand knit teddy bears and cute fur babies around here. Sometimes there is also longing, frustration, exhaustion, moping, feeling sorry for one’s self, not to mention weird superstitious thoughts like, “If I wear my awesome green blazer today we will get the call”. I have also developed a fear/love for going to the bathroom because I am convinced that the call will come when I am thus indisposed. Yeah, I know. You try waiting for an important call this long and see if you don’t get just a tad neurotic too!
But we are not sad. No, no, no. Those little teddy bears waiting to be loved might be sad, and my pug who wanted me to get back into bed instead of leaving for work was indeed sad, but we are not. We are on the precipice of something AMAZING. Something BEAUTIFUL and amazing!! AND IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN VERY SOON!
Sorry, no shouting.
Off to a meeting in my lucky green blazer...
16 comments:
YES, on the precipice of something AMAZING!!!
You always have such a great attitude! I am hoping that call comes soon and I get to hug those babes of yours!
-Beka
Beautifully said. Hang in there! Your time is COMING!
You are handling the wait gracefully!
xoxo
Do I ever dream about my own referral? Rarely. I did however have another dream about your referral! You guys got a referral for young boy/girl twins :) Sounds like you are doing amazingly well, stay strong!
I totally know what you mean about the bathroom. My debate is always whether or not to bring the phone into the bathroom with me, even if I can't answer it at least I will know right away who called!
God you are cute! And, absolutely.... good and happy thoughts for all.... complete with fingers crossed.
XX00
These messages are always so cheerful; and joyous. as both you and Mark are. What fun to read. BTW those pictures i thought were great not sad at all.
That's so nice, Baby! Good post!
Hang in there! Easier said than done..I know. But soon enough, you will be running after two!
Teddy bears are too cute! Good for you for staying so positive and patient. I think the rest of us are all anxious enough for you ;-)
hi! thanks for your kind words and "nice to meet you." love those baby blankets you must have knitted. gorgeous. I'll be rooting for you as you wait. ours was kind of brutal toward the end. hope you have a great weekend. best, laura
I loved the Wednesday photos as well. Can't help but appreciate teddies anxiously waiting for some cute little ones to hug and hold them. Here's to knowing that a really awesome day is in your near future.
Awesome post. At this point, those 2 kids are in the system somewhere, dealing with loss and heartache in their young lives. They are so, so lucky to have you waiting for that part of their journey to be over.
As always, a wonderful and inspiring post. All of us waiting can only hope to have a teeny bit of your patience and positive outlook when we reach your stage.
It's so close now.
xo
Hi! I am waiting for one or two from Ethiopia too. I hope it happens soon for you! Question: what's the FBI list?
~Anne
Hi Annie! Thanks for the nice comment. I tried to go to your blog but can't get in so hopefully you'll check back here for this note.
The FBI List is an unofficial list of waiting families who are adopting from Ethiopia through Gladney. It is kept and maintained by an adoptive mother and we guess that about 75% of families put themselves on the list. If you scroll down to the list of "blogs that I stalk..." you will see a link to it.
Hope your wait is a fast and peaceful one!
Heidi
Post a Comment