Monday, November 1, 2010

Happiest Halloween

Last year on Halloween we had been waiting almost 11 months to see our children's faces. You can click on the Halloween label below to read my post from two years ago, and see how long we thought we would be waiting to become parents!

On most days I was still feeling fairly strong but all the Spidermen and fairy princesses got the better of me that day. Mark sat alone and uncomplaining on our front steps passing out candy, while I changed into my pj's and sulked off to bed to live vicariously through other people's blogs. This post in particular stood out, and inspired both hope and tears (although now that I look at the date on Julie's post, I can see that it was written a few days after Halloween, so I must have been in a multi-day, pj-wearing, sulk!)

This year Halloween started with two excited, smiling boys in skeleton jammies.

Before 9 AM, the adventures of Shark and Giraffe began!

Shark had a face to face encounter with his archnemesis, Clover the Cow...

...and he carefully chose his favorite food for dinner.

Giraffe helped pick out the fruits...

...and veggies, as Giraffes are inclined to do.

Then they went on a hayride and posed for the gratuitous pumpkin shot, but smiles were hard to come by due to a man in a cow costume that was causing some distress.

Scary cow-man was soon forgotten with the push of a ghost button!

After nap we attended a costume party with the neighbors, where there was a lot of running around and general excitement! Hard to get pictures of them in motion and we left before the group shot due to another grown-up in a scary monster costume. I felt no need to push them out of their newly achieved sense of security by forcing them to confront their fears, so we left when tears became the dominant theme.

Finally it was time for the long awaited trick-or-treating. Pictures do not accurately depict the abundant cuteness that ensued!

Finally it was time to survey the loot and choose the one allowed piece of candy. My boys are no dummies and choose the largest, stickiest piece of ooey-gooey goodness! We never give them candy so it was interesting to see the sugar take affect. It really DOES make them bounce off the walls!
What a difference a year makes!

I hope you had a happy Halloween too. If not, keep the faith. Dreams do come true, and I hope yours comes true very, very soon.

7 comments:

We Are Family said...

I love the way your Halloween looked this year :)

BLESSINGS!

Anonymous said...

Heidi,
You prove good things come to those who wait!! Glad you had a GREAT HALLOWEEN!!! The boys were adorable....

Love,
Cindy

Sarah said...

They are so beautiful!!! Yay for them being able to celebrate Halloween with you this year. :)

Gayla said...

DELICIOUS. Every single pic. I wanna eat 'em up!!!

Emy said...

Geez, they are just so stinkin' cute I can't stand it! ;o)

Loved their costumes and how happy your Halloween was this year!

Jennifer said...

Soooo cute. Those two are so cute. They would have passed out here dressed like that. It was a very hot Halloween, but now the cold front hit today.

Jennifer said...

There is just no comparison is there?