I had visions of a family photo on the steps of our historic City Hall, complete with lovely foliage and crisp fall air...
Instead we got this.
![]() |
| Eating raindrops |
Even with the rain, it was a beautiful, wonderful day.
The Judge gave the boys twin bunny rabbits, which they named Peanut Butter and Good Boy.
The whole thing took no more than five minutes, yet it was more emotional and ceremonious than I expected. It certainly was a happier occasion than our embassy appointment in Ethiopia.
This time we felt like a family and there were only tears of joy.
To celebrate we went out for blueberry and banana pancakes and coffee-milk (really just warm milk, but they call it coffee-milk because the cup looks like Daddy's coffee). Then we stopped at Barnes and Nobel to pick out some new books (thanks to everyone who gave us recommendations last month!!)
The boys got to pick out a toy, too. Here's what they chose...
No, we weren't surprised that he chose a pink princess phone.
It was a very good day.
On the way out, the Judge said he wanted to see us back next year with the baby sister.
HA....no comment!
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
15 comments:
Yay! Congratulations sweet family! Looks like a great day.
congratulations! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pics in their little yellow raincoats. sooooo adorable.
hey, that judge might be on to something...lil' sister...hmmmmm. ;)
congrats!
YAY!
I like what the judge said and I agree :)
BLESSINGS!
Congratulations!!! :-)
LOVE your family.
But a little bit 'o pink would be sweet!! ;-)
Congrats! So exciting!
Big, big congratulations! What a huge milestone!
What a GREAT day!! I was emotional as well at our readopt! I think it is just the last final step to U.S. Citizenship!! Then we went straight to the post ofice for his U.S. Passport!! LOL....
Love,
Carrol
Peanut Butter and Good Boy ... that is hilarious! Super happy that you are officially reofficial and a baby sister doesn't sound so bad. XOXO
Yay! So happy for you all! Love the pink phone. Aiden currently has a purse hanging in his room with all the chapsticks in it that he has stolen from his sister. Love it when kids feel free enough to just be kids!
Congrats!!
oh my gosh are you kidding me? STINKING ADORABLE! plus whats with the judge handing out stuffed animals? thats adorable!
Congratulations on your "final" step!
Oh, and I laughed VERY loud at the pink princess phone! Love it!
OMG, the raincoat photos are awesome! I think I will probably get emotional on our readoption today too. Congrats!!! XOXO
Congratulations to your sweet family! We have Eva's court date for the 29th and I get all choked up just talking about it! :o)
Post a Comment