Tuesday, May 4, 2010
ONE
Two years ago this month, a tragic and defining event occurred in the boys’ young lives that ultimately led to their relinquishment.
One month after that event, in June of 2008, Mark and I began our journey toward them, a decision that will define and bless us the rest of our lives.
For so long, delays and unfortunate timing seemed to be the name of the game when it came to starting our family. The delays started long before we began our adoption, and our adoption process itself has not exactly been a smooth or expeditious one. Many times I have wondered why this one thing, the thing I want more than any other thing, has been so difficult to achieve.
One look at the boys was all it took for me to understand why.
I may not be their mother yet, but I feel deeply that I am meant to be. These two boys, born in my heart long ago, are meant to be my sons. Maybe it will be tomorrow, maybe not. If not, at least we have come far enough to think that it will be soon.
That makes me feel like the luckiest person on earth.
Totally worth waiting for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
17 comments:
I am enjoying following your journey! My sister in CA is also hoping to adopt twin boys soon from Ethiopia. I am here in Stamford CT with my 13 mo old- maybe I'll run into you and your boys in the future! :) Wonder what town you are in... I also blog at Stamford Talk!
OK Duh I see on your facebook where you are. Cool! I also see that you follow my sister's blog, The H Family Grows. I found you through her almost a year ago when she started following Ethiopia adoption blogs. My, how things have come along since then! Just realized today though that you are just down the road from me. Looking forward to being on the FC mommy track with you!
Oh Heidi, I'm all teary now. I want these boys to come home NOW.
This may very well be your final post as a 'waiting mom'. I hope so and I think we all know so.
It's happening this time.
XOXO
wow. really. your spirit is so clear and true. i am so thrilled for you.
So beautifully put.
Hope today is your last post without a photo of those boys!!!! Fingers crossed for you!!!!!! (and for them!)
I'll be thinking of you and your boys all day today/tonight. I may need to take a sleeping pill tonight because the night before your last court date I didn't sleept at all! :) Sending you love!!!!
good thoughts coming your way!
Makes me all kinds of teary! SO hoping this is your LAST DAY of being and unofficial mom! Saying tons of prayers today.
Sending up my prayer again: Please, let this be it.
I'll be glued to the computer awaiting your good news tomorrow!
I'm sitting here, in my hotel room, living the "far from smooth" flow of events and thinking, you are so right! they are so worth it. so worth every delay, every challenge,every aching muscle from sleepless nights, every night sobbing at the miles and days that separate us.
I've had Annie in my head all morning singing "the sun'll come out, tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, they'll be sun"
xoxo....heres to two little boys who are SO worth waiting for!!!
thinking about and praying for you today...
fingers and toes all crossed!
You are so right. These kiddos are so worth waiting for, no matter what we go through to get them or how long we have to wait. I realized back when we were matched with our first little one that it's not really about us anymore. Once I knew who we were waiting for I knew I would wait for as long as it took to bring her home. I didn't care anymore about people getting quick referrals. Same with waiting for court this time around. As much as I would have liked for things to go quickly as they did others, I knew I was waiting for MY daughter.
Praying for you and your boys! You better start packing your bags!!!
oh, c'mon! This time, this time, PLEASE!!!!
Tomorrow is the day!
It's me again.
Just letting you know I'm still here and thinking about you guys.
One day these boys will know what a huge fanbase they have as we all go to bed restless tonight awaiting the news of their homecoming.
My mom sends her love and has been thinking of you all day. I will be calling her as soon as I read your update tomorrow.
We all love you Heidi!!!!
i love you so much my heart is about to explode. i love your sons. i love that we are family in this wait, in this life. i love that we will be celebrating SOON!!!
Post a Comment