Friday, April 23, 2010

Back to Waiting

Well, we came up on the wrong side of the 50% chance. There was an issue with the birth family member's ID so they need to travel back to their region to get a new ID. Once that happens we will be given a new court date. They were not able to give us any indication of how long this will take.

The good news is that everything else seems to be in order so at least we are one step closer.

Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers. We appreciate them so very much.

20 comments:

heather said...

:(
hang in there. sending lots of love your way.
xo

Mark Newcombe said...

Good things come to those who wait - so we just have to wait a little longer for great things! And these boys certainly qualify as great! Once we have them home all this waiting won't matter at all... even if it hurts right now.

Jennifer said...

I'm so very sorry. Your continued optimism is more inspiring than words can say. And if it wasn't creepy for a complete stranger to send you Ethiopian cuisine for dinner tonight, I would. Continuing to think of your family.

The H Family said...

Glad to hear that everything else seems to be in order, but sorry to hear you weren't in the other 50%. Still thinking about you guys bunches.

Maribeth said...

Is it OK if I agree with Mark? I'm so bummed to hear your news. We will be hoping and praying that this turn-around goes quickly.

Hugs,
MB

Robyn said...

I am so sorry! Praying the ID issue will resolve itself quickly.

InventingLiz said...

So disappointing! Hope everything is resolved soon so you can be on your way to those boys!

Rebecca said...

well, those boys are definitely worth the wait. but ... seriously. maybe you will be spared dramatic teenage years??? i adore you completely. and am always here for you! xoxo

Mika K. Reynolds said...

NO! I am so sorry. I can't imagine how frustrating this must feel. In the meantime, you are all in our hearts.

Amy said...

I am sooo sorry. I know how heartbreaking this process can be. People keep reminding Doug and I, once you get them home, you will forget all that you went through to become a family. Thinking of you. Hugs.

The Busters said...

I am really HOPING this whole ID thing can be resolved quickly!! I respect, admire and love you and am here for you anytime. XOXOXO

Ellen Enright said...

Frustrating!!! I'm so so sorry. I hope this next step goes by very quickly. Thinking of you!

Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. said...

Sorry to hear this news but am hopeful that your family will pass on the second try. :)

emily said...

Boo! Eyasu's uncle had the same issue. It should happen quickly.

Sara said...

Boo! Still thinking of you guys and hoping for a quick second court date!

Kat & Stacy said...

blech. I"m so sorry. We didn't pass our first time either and it SUCKED. But we passed on the second and now our twins are home (napping at the moment praise the lord) and your's will be too...SOON! I know it. Until then, remember that they are loving hands.,

Gayla said...

So proud of the way you are hanging in there. It really is just a matter of WEEKS now, no matter how you look at it!!!

the Melodious Mama said...

sending you massively huge hugs!! its so good to know that all you stuff is in order...soon ,so soon the waiting will be over!

xoxo

Evelyn said...

Oh, Heidi! I've been away from the internet for a few days. So sad to hear this. Thinking of you four! May you be together soon!

Claudia said...

Oh no, I am SO sorry to read this!

I've been away for a few days too - have been hoping I would come back to great news from you - so sorry it's all been delayed :(