I couldn't come up with an appropriate picture to depict this milestone. We don't do much in singular fashion around here, and the things that come to mind when I think of the number one today are things that cannot be photographed.
One dream
One wish
One hope
One prayer
One family
One day
I am surprisingly calm but completely at a loss for words, so here is one last poem. It is my favorite.
The Measure
Mary Oliver
I stopped the car and ran back and across the road
and picked up the box turtle, who only
hissed and withdrew herself into her pretty shell.
Well, goodness, it was early in the morning, not too much traffic.
Rather an adventure than a risk, and anyway
who wouldn't give aid to such a shy citizen?
Who wouldn't complete the journey for it, taking it of course
in the direction of its desire: a pinewoods
where, as I learned, the blueberries ripen early.
Probably she had thought, in the middle of the night - Ah, it's time.
Sometimes I think our own lives are watched over like that.
Out of the mystery of the hours and the days
something says - Let's give this one a little trial.
Let's, say, put a turtle in the road she's traveling on, and in a hurry.
Let's see how her life is measuring up, that lucky girl.
So much happiness, so much good fortune. Ah, it's time.
27 comments:
So much happiness, so much good fortune. Yes, it is time!
Sending up a prayer each time I think of you: Please, let this be it for them.
Hoping and praying!
Just got the chills...and can only imagine what that "#1" may look like :)
Good luck, good luck and, try to get some sleep tonight...its kind of like being a kid and waiting to go to Disney World, isn't it?
Yes, it IS time! I love that a Mary Oliver poem was the one for today. So appropriate it seems. Lighting a candle tonight for you, Mark and your boys. LOVE YOU!!!
Well, this is it, my friend! By this time tomorrow we will know what happened...I fell asleep easier than I thought i would last night. Hoping for the same tonight! Best wishes for tomorrow's news!
Tomorrow, tomorrow! I will be refreshing your blog quite a bit tomorrow :) Thinking of you today and praying my heart out for great news! I hope today goes by quickly for you guys.
we are both wishing and praying that everything goes well for you and your family tomorrow.
love
dad & paulette
Oh my. So much said.
Amazing. Best wishes for tomorrow and your wee ones.
ah it's time! i am wishing for you.
We're praying for you guys!!!! This is IT!!!!
Your family is in our prayer, we are claiming 100% good outcome from MOWA, we are very positive that GOD is in control.
Heidi and Mark, you two have been at "one" with your new sons since before you even knew of them.
THAT's your "one"!
We're sending all our good wishes, thoughts and prayers your way today. Keep your chin up.
Eric & Anita
Holding my breath...
Oh wow, you're so close that I can TASTE it. Holding on with hope for you!
Praying for you!!
i can hardly wait to hear!!!! praying for amazing news!!
it is time.
I love all the creativity on your blog! You guys are going to be GREAT parents. Praying for the best tomorrow!
I remember having to take a sleeping pill to get thru the night before our court date. I just kept pacing the floor!!!
Can't wait to hear your good news!
Lifting you all up! Try to rest tonight. We're all on pins and needles with you!
Yes, it is time.
Waiting to exhale with you.
Your next post will be the best news! So excited for you!!!!!
It's friday morning...7am on the west coast...am thinking amazing good things for you guys! All FOUR of you! Wonder Twin Power-Activate!
Thinking of you non-stop today and hoping for some great news. Will be officially stalking you!
Thinking of you!
xoxoxoxoxoxox
+++++++++++++
heather
Post a Comment