Thursday, April 15, 2010
Court Date Countdown: Eight
Eight days. In eight days all this worrying and waiting and wondering about when might finally be over.
It is hard to fathom.
Then again, it might not be over. The possibility of a delay, or multiple delays, is very real. Our agency doesn't give statistics on how many families pass court the first try, but they do tell us that “delays are not uncommon”.
So I am trying to keep my feet on the ground. Trying to balance the extreme elation and longing over the possiblity of what might happen, with the extreme dread of what might not happen. In spite of keeping busy, time is moving very slowly.
Hope you are enjoying the poems. Here's one I hope rings true in eight days.
EIGHT DAYS!
God Says Yes To Me
Kaylin Haught
I asked God if it was okay to be melodramatic
and she said yes
I asked her if it was okay to be short
and she said it sure is
I asked her if I could wear nail polish
or not wear nail polish
and she said honey
she calls me that sometimes
she said you can do just exactly
what you want to
Thanks God I said
And is it even okay if I don't paragraph
my letters
Sweetcakes God said
who knows where she picked that up
what I'm telling you is
Yes Yes Yes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Hoping you get a big fat YES in 8 days!!!
Ditto for me, and, where did you get those crayons???
Thanks!!!
Single digits!!! I'm praying hard for all of us to have good news the first time around!
I love that poem and LOVE the crayons!
EIGHT!!! I am loving your countdown!!
8 8 8 8 8 8 8!!!!!!!!!!!
So excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am with you...trying be realistic and hopeful at the same time is exhausting! ONE WEEK FROM TOMORROW!! I can't believe we can finally say that!
oh my gosh that poem!!!! terrific!
that poem is amazing! and the crayons too :)
Post a Comment